Liquifile is a brand new file management utility for Mac OS X. An alternative Finder, if you will.
Liquifile is designed for visual thinkers who want to get a bigger picture of their files and feel them more directly. But not only for them.
Did you ever wonder why searching and browsing is so separated in today`s interfaces? Ever wished you had a bigger screen when finding or organizing your files? Ever lost files in deep hierarchical structures?
Ever wondered what the next big thing in file browsing might be? Well, maybe you should have a look at Liquifile.
Liquifile is a tool that needs a few minutes of introduction (because it is quite different) but then delivers a lot of advantages over the common browsing methods.
Liquifile is based on some concepts and technologies (like liquid browsing or the scatter tree) that originate from the "iworld" or "infoverse" project. Money is not our main focus here.
Here are some key features of "Liquifile":
The visual representation of the files (scattertree: scattergraph visualization within the table view) does not only look nice...it also offers some really helpful advantages over common browsing methods:
· 1. Very high information densities (up to 10 times of what the current finder has to offer). simply drag the overview slider downwards to see as many files as you want. The LiquidBrowsing technology helps you to navigate your files while providing a great overview at the same time.
· 2.Possibility to see and compare the 3 main filesystem metadata types (name, date, size) at the same time. No need to change sorting! Possibility to sort according to 2 criterial a the same time.
· 3. Spacial memory support. If you do not need to change the sorting, files always stay where they are. That means you can use your spacial memory to find the files (often even without reading the filenames).
· 4. Recognize open windows in expose with ease. You don`t have to roll over the open Finder windows anymore to locate a specific window. you just recognize it by it`s visual form.
· Realtime searching and browsing within the same interface: What has been separated for so long, now comes together for the first time: searching and browsing. Liquifile offers live search without destroying the structure path you created when browsing. Just see what that means ;-)...
· Flat Browsing: Systematic method of adding or removing structure (apple_key-click on folder) to find files that are hidden in deep hierachies or compare files in different folders. Of course you can still open all subfolders (with alt-click) if you want to see all structure. Good method to get rid of the "hidden-in-deep hierarchy"-problem
· 30 days trial period.