Flaphone is a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) compatible web softphone, that you can use directly from your desktop.
Everything that you need is internet connection, speakers and microphone. Flaphone users can call each other, to SIP phones, and any phone numbers, if SIP provider accounts are configured in control panel.
Flaphone implementation supports following technologies:
· Calls and instant messaging by means of SIP protocol.
· DTMF signal translation.
· G.711, G.729 and Speex wideband voice codecs.
· H.263, H.263+ and H.264 video codecs.
Here are some key features of "Flaphone":
· Flaphone can be used on any computer wherever you are.
· Incoming calls processing.
· No need to install any software (If you already have Adobe Flash Player installed).
· Calling regular phone numbers at minimal cost, choosing the most convenient IP telephony provider.
· No NAT and firewall problems.
· Call history.
· Video calls.
· Instant messaging (IM).
· User availability (Presence service).
· CallMe widget.
· Adobe AIR
· Adobe Flash Player 9 or later
· SIP account
What`s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now selected SIP account, recording device and contact list branches status are stored in Flash cookies (local shared object) and if you are called from URI that isn???t presented in your contact list system will ask you to add this URI after the call. After start AIR application will ask you about update automatically.