As mankind is beginning to venture out into the galaxy, a mysterious alien armada appears and attacks the Earth. Space Command calls on its best pilot, Rick Rocket, to take the controls of the X-01 experimental rocket ship and repel the invaders.
Join Rick Rocket on an epic adventure across the Milky Way as he first defends the planet and then pursues the alien fleet. Help Rick discover who they are and why they attacked the Earth!
This game provides a wide variety of mission styles and an intruiging story that you won`t find in many other shooters. Try it out and see for yourself!
Here are some key features of "The Adventures of Rick Rocket":
· Epic space battles set in visually stunning locations!
· Unique missions, each with its own different goals and challenges!
· Spaceships that show damage as they are hit!
· 12 different power-ups give you a variety of weapons and defenses!
· Medals to earn for each mission by maximizing your bonus points!
· Ability to replay missions to try and get a better score!
· A majestic music soundtrack that perfectly fits the game!
· The Adventures of Rick Rocket can be played using a joystick, a keyboard or a game pad.
· Automatically saves your progress after every mission!
· Player profiles, so each family member can save their own game!
· A total of 48 action-packed missions, with an intriguing story.
· Over 30 unique ships that show damage as they are hit.
· Learn who the aliens are and why they attacked Earth.
· Ability to earn bigger bonuses.
· Free upgrades... forever!
· Discounts on upcoming games and products!
· Processor: 1.0 GHz or better.
· Memory: 128 MB free system RAM.
· Hard disk space: 50 MB.
· Video card: OpenGL-compatible card.
· Input devices: Keyboard, joystick, gamepad.
· Only a few levels are available.
What`s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added ability to remap keyboard keys and joystick functions
· Made explosions for large capital ships more spectacular (full version)
· Made explosions for moderate size ships somewhat larger
· Increase delay at completion of a level, so you can finish watching explosions
· Upgraded to SDL 1.2.14 and SDL_mixer 1.2.11
· Added missing version number to title screen