GLPI is an IT and Asset Management System that allows IT administrators to manage the maintenance, tracking, and servicing of IT inventory. Manage and track assets like computers, software, peripherals, and consumables, and their associated maintenance, documentation, and help desk requests with the JumpBox for GLPI.
GLPI begins your journey to asset management happiness by allowing easy input of your inventory data. Templates in GLPI allow you to populate information fields and even pre-specify form field values. For example, your "Monitors" template can automatically insert the contact details for the responsible technician each time you add a new monitor.
GLPI`s additional features include reporting capabilities that enable swift review of asset maintenance history and procedures, help desk functionality featuring job tracking and routing, and a request system that allows users to directly request help desk support.
GLPI`s available plugins allow you to add even more functionality, such as bar code generation, checklists creation, room management, and more. Featuring a web-based administrative interface, GLPI allows multi-user, multi-location use, and includes a mail notification system that delivers help desk requests directly to maintenance providers.
Why a JumpBox?
GLPI requires dependencies such as MySQL, and PHP, and Apache to work properly. With the JumpBox for GLPI you`ll save considerable time on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of this IT and asset management system. With JumpBox you will be up and running in no time.
JumpBox simplifies your server software deployments with pre-built, pre-configured virtual applications that deploy in minutes.
A JumpBox packages an application`s software, dependencies, and application data into a single virtual application that deploys locally, or hosted to major computing, virtualization, and cloud computing platforms.
Swiftly deploy on Windows, Mac, and Linux systems to virtualization platforms like VMware, Xen, Parallels, Virtual Iron, Microsoft Virtualization, and Amazon EC2.
Here are some key features of "JumpBox for GLPI":
· Inventory Tracking - Build a simple database then manage and track computers, included software, peripherals, and associated consumables. Include valuable information such as asset locations, licenses, and costs.
· Inventory Management - Track and manage support requests mapped directly to serviced assets. Additionally manage documents associated with your IT inventory including FAQ`s, and vendor contracts.
· Job Request and Routing - Serve end users more efficiently. GLPI allows asset users to request service directly via the web. IT administrators can receive automatic request notifications, route requests to appropriate technicians and track ticket status.
· Report Generation - Generate reports associated with your assets, including assigned technicians and maintenance history, then export your reports in PDF, CSV, SLK, or XML format.
· Multi-user support - Don`t leave your remote workers or locations out in the cold, GLPI enables coordination, tracking, support, and maintenance of assets at off-site locations.
· Search - GLPI allows you to quickly search the status, history, and maintenance of your assets.
· Customizable fields - Customize display fields to suit your unique asset information needs.
· Notifications - Is it time to order toner? Receive automatic notification of your assets associated events such as consumable stock levels, and upcoming expiration of contracts and licenses.
· Statistics - Generate statistical reports on your asset management activities including reports by hardware, location, user, category, priority, or contract.
· Multi-lingual- Over 22 languages are supported.
· Virtualization software. Any of: VMWare; Parallels; Xen Open Source; Microsoft Virtual Server; Microsoft Virtual PC; Virtual Iron.
· For easiest use: a network that assigns dynamic IP addresses. (Most do)
· 3 GB Free disk space.
· Minimum 1 GB System RAM.
· Minimum 1 Ghz CPU.
What`s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GLPI is upgraded to version 0.78.4, OCS is still version 1.3.3.
· This JumpBox should be able to restore from version 1.1.0 and higher.