Recover PDF Password is a Mac OS X app that will help you recover passwords for PDF files in case they were lost or forgotten.
Recover PDF Password unlocks both user and owner passwords for PDF files. So you will be able to open password-protected PDF, print, edit and copy it.
If your PDF file is protected only with owner password you can use "Decrypt" option and create an unprotected copy of PDF file even without searching for the password.
This program features various methods of passwords recovery: by password length, by template, by dictionary, and exhaustive search method. Dictionary search is the time-saver in case you can remember that the password is a word or a word combination or modification.
Recover PDF Password is optimized for efficient work on multi-core computers for higher password search speed. It supports all versions of Adobe Acrobat up to version 9. Recover PDF Password can recover Unicode passwords and passwords created in various languages and keyboard layouts. Recover PDF Password can also remove digital signature for your PDF file.
Here are some key features of "Recover PDF Password":
· Supports Unicode passwords recovery
· Adobe Acrobat software is not required
· Supports all versions of Adobe Acrobat up to v.9 with its 256-bit encryption
· Recovers "User" password required to open the file
· Recovers "Owner" passwords, which prevent PDF files from being printed, copied or edited
· Creates decrypted copy of a file if "User" password is known
· Optimized for multi-core computers, resulting in a faster and even more efficient password recovery.
· Brute-Force attack is used to recover the "Owner" and "User" passwords
· Offers several recovery methods: by password length, by template, by dictionary or exhaustive search.
· You have a possibility to minimize the search time by specifying your own template - include or exclude lowercase and uppercase letters, digits, etc.
· Decrypted file passwords can be viewed any time
· View protected PDF file info: general (like file name, PDF version, enciphering, etc.), and more specific (revision, owner string, etc.).
· Features digital signature removal
· Drag and drop PDF files support
· Flexible and user-friendly program interface
· The recovered password will only have 3 first symbols visible, the rest will be masked with "*"
· File decryption is available if owner or user password was restored or user password is absent. However only first page will be decrypted and watermark will be applied to it.
What`s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added: search for passwords by dictionary, which can speed up the recovery process significantly
· Added: possibility to search for Owner and User passwords at the same time
· Added: PDF files decryption is now available in Demo version of Recover PDF Password
· Much improved: multiprocessor systems and multicore processors support for even higher speed of password search
· Improved: password recovery and decryption for PDF files, created by third-party software
· Updated: product registration is replaced with activation, either online or offline