Publisher's description - Signal Flow for Logic Pro X 1.0
What is signal flow? It’s the key that unlocks the inner workings of Apple’s Logic Pro X! Get the knowledge, with this tutorial app, right now as taught by the amazing Peter “Ski” Schwartz!
Whether you’re recording audio or MIDI, inserting MIDI FX, programming a synth, vocoding, EQing, compressing, mixing, mastering, sending to a bus, creating an aux, setting up a headphone mix... it’s all about signal flow. If fact, understanding signal flow is perhaps the most important single aspect of understanding Logic Pro X or any other DAW.
In this example-filled course by industry pro and Logic guru Peter Schwartz, you get an exclusive, eloquently constructed signal flow masterclass. Peter – in his brilliant and entertaining way – expertly explains everything about signal flow and describes how audio and MIDI flow through Logic Pro X. The material covered in this course is truly essential and helps you on your way to becoming a better musician/engineer in the DAW era.
We know that you will emerge from this extraordinary course with a strong audio/MIDI education that is guaranteed to improve your composing, recording, mixing and mastering as you construct your tracks in Apple’s Logic Pro X.... and most of all, you will finally understand how Logic Pro X really works!
So kick back and get ready to learn everything about signal flow under the expert guidance of the ever-entertaining Peter Schwartz!
Table of Contents:
2. Advanced Settings
3. Signal Flow in a Digital World
4. The Golden Rule of Signal Flow
5. Audio Sources
6. A Mixer Primer
7. Audio Channel Strip Basics
8. Stereo Audio Channels
9. Software Instrument Channels
10. Output Channel Strips
11. Sends, Auxes & Busses
12. Aux-Hosted Effects
13. Beyond the Send - Part 1
14. Beyond the Send - Part 2
15. Post- and Pre-Fader Sends
16. Combining Post and Pre-Fader Sends
17. Pre-Fader Sends & Reverbs
18. Post-Pan Sends
19. Subgroups & Track Stacks
20. Signal Flow Similarities
21. That (Other) Master Fader (Sigh)
22. MIDI Signal Flow - Part 1
23. MIDI Signal Flow - Part 2
24. Intro to Side Chaining & Gated FX
25. Side Chain Compression
26. Vocoding with EVOC-20 Polysynth
27. Inputs & Recording Live Audio
28. Monitoring with FX, & Latency
29. Input Channel Strips
30. Setting Up a Headphone Mix - Part 1
31. Setting Up a Headphone Mix - Part 2